You are about to discover a new culture, accomplish something unforgettable, and explore the best our world has to offer!
We are excited to get your placement under way where you will:
- Discover a new culture, work with people in need and explore new places.
- Have the 24/7 support of a non profit with 10 years experience in placing 16461 volunteers that will provide you with an affordable and rewarding placement. Recommended by Bill Gates and CNN.
- Be a part of progressive non profit that has raised over $1.8 million to help women and children in need.
- Have the comfort of knowing that GVN staff have collectively flown over 1 million miles to ensure you get a quality placement.
- Make a long-term impact in your community of choice - it's not just a vacation.
Choose Your Volunteer Project and Apply:
- KenyaMake a difference in the lives of under-privileged children in Kenya
- NepalBecome a big sister or brother to orphans in Nepal
VietnamProvide love and care to orphans, street children, and disabled children in Vietnam
PeruContribute to community projects in the capital of the Inca Empire, Peru
Be The ChangeLearn how to become a change agent in communities around the world
UgandaProvide education for AIDS orphans in Uganda
So Why Volunteer?
If you are:
- Graduating from school and taking a Gap Year
- Not ready to jump into full-time employment just yet
- Ready for a Career Break
- An 'empty nester'
- Ready for a change or new adventure
So what's included in your GVN Program Package?
What You Get – Pre-Trip
- All the support you need from our experienced volunteer coordinator! This include unlimited phone and email access!
- Your Program Guide: your online resource guide that covers topics such as country information, details on your placement, travel links, visa application process and much more!
- Your Fundraising Guide and Software: which provides you with proven fundraising strategies, letter generating software and other resources to help you raise up to 100% of the cost of your trip.
- Video - Preparing for your Trip: join Mike in his volunteer journey, taking you step by step through the preparation process and how to make the most of your experience.
- Access to Your Own Online Journal: which help you to communicate effectively and easily with your family and friends back home.
- Opportunities for Preferred Pricing and Personalized Service when booking Airfares: through our travel partner AirTreks who go the extra mile to support GVN volunteers.
What You Get: While in Country
- Accommodation: Home stay, volunteer dormitory or onsite at your project.
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner.
- Project Donation: Included.
- Airport pickup: On arrival date.
- Training: In-country orientation.
- Supervision: In-country staff supervision.
- Support: Pre-departure personal support from your volunteer coordinator, 24/7 in-country support from partner, and 24hr emergency line.
What You Get: Post-Trip
- An opportunity to debrief and provide feedback
- Free access to GVN Changemakers program which alerts you to future internship/job opportunities at GVN
- A Certificate of Completion in Volunteer Service
So Why Choose GVN?
At GVN our vision is to connect people with communities in need, with a particular focus on vulnerable women and children. We do this by supporting the work of local community organizations in countries through the placement of international volunteers.
The Global Volunteer Network (GVN) was launched in December 2000 by Colin Salisbury, its Founder and Executive Director, after spending time volunteering in Ghana, West Africa. While he was there he saw the tremendous difference volunteers could make in helping local organizations achieve their goals.
We are not normally the type of organisation that brags, but here is what we're most proud of:
- We have raised over $1.8 million to support our projects around the world.
- The GVN Foundation has been granted special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
- We have funded the construction of Brighter Future Children's Home in Nepal, Springs of Hope High School in Uganda and 23 houses for internally displaced families in Kenya.
- We have provided fast and effective emergency relief to Peru (2007 earthquake), Vietnam (2007 typhoon), Kenya (2008 post-election violence), Philippines (2009 typhoon), Haiti (2010 earthquake), and New Zealand (2011 earthquake).
- We have worked with over 600 Eat So They Can hosts and 40 Eat So They Can ambassadors to spread awareness of the issues surrounding poverty to over 10,000 people in all 7 continents.
- We have placed over 16,000+ volunteers into community projects in 22 countries over the past 9 years.
So How Do I Get Started?
So you're interested in volunteering abroad but not sure how to get the process started? What do I do from here, what can I expect from GVN, and what's needed from me? We recommend you browse our program pages or speak to our staff members to find out which program is the best match for you. Go ahead and apply online and we'll let you know within approximately 24 hours if your application has been successful.