GVN Foundation - Home
home > learn > Funds Distribution

Stay in touch

Sign up for the GVN newsletter


Privacy
Policy

What are we working on now?

Funds Distribution



Funds Distribution

We understand why people are often hesitant to give money to organizations they may not be familiar with. This section of our website is therefore focused on providing you with a clear understanding of how your funds will be distributed. We also welcome questions, so please feel free to contact us at any time.

Funds Distribution

GVN Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States, with special consultative status with the United Nations ECOSOC. We believe in local solutions to local problems and work with grassroots partner organizations in each of the countries we support. Our partner organizations are carefully selected and are required to submit proposals and detailed reports for all grants. Grants are typically wired to partners on a quarterly basis.

Complete lists of past grants can be found in the appendices of our annual reports. These can be downloaded here.

Funds Breakdown

General donations, Sponsorship donations and International Fundraiser donations - 90% of the funds received by GVN Foundation under these categories are granted directly to our partner organizations. The remaining 10% is used to cover bank wiring charges and staff time. Staff time includes administration such as donation processing and working with our partners to assist them with proposal and report submission.

Emergency appeal donations - 80% of the funds received by GVN Foundation towards emergency appeals are granted directly to our partner organizations. The remaining 20% is used to cover staff time and bank charges. Staff time includes administration such as donation processing and coordination such as setting up the appeal and working with our partners to assist them with proposal and report submission.

Trek donations - 75% of the funds received by GVN Foundation towards our trek children's fund fees are granted directly to our partner organizations. The remaining 25% is used to cover bank wiring charges, project visit costs for trekkers, and staff time. Staff time includes fundraising support for trekkers such as setting up fundraising webpages, administration such as donation processing, and grants distribution/monitoring.

Eat So They Can donations - 70% of the funds received by GVN Foundation for our Eat So They Can campaign are granted directly to our partner organizations. A detailed breakdown can be found on the Eat So They Can website here.