Who are we?
The GVN Foundation believes that empowering women and children is the key to changing the world. We achieve this by providing resources to grassroots organizations working with vulnerable women and children in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
GVN Foundation has special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
$1.6 million distributed and counting ...
"I'd love to see more young people taking action to help the poor and disadvantaged. Two places to get started are Network for Good and Global Volunteer Network."
~ Bill Gates, Newsweek Web
Working in 10 countries across 3 continents to create sustainable change.
Ready to do something amazing today? By making a donation to the GVN Foundation, you will be giving a brighter future to vulnerable women and children. You will be emailed a receipt for your donation within one month. The GVN Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization in the United States. Receipts can be used for tax purposes in the United States. Donors from other countries will need to check the rules and regulations of their country. If you are from New Zealand and wish to receive a New Zealand tax receipt, please submit your donation through the GVN Charitable Trust by clicking here. By proceeding you agree with the GVN Foundation's refund policy as stated in our legal terms of service.
For more information about the different countries we support and the projects we are working on, please visit the links below:
Why donate to the GVN Foundation?
- We are efficient: 90% of the donation you make will be granted directly to our partner organization.
- We are a non-profit: We are a registered non-profit organization in the United States and we have special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
- We care: Our Board and staff are committed and passionate about ending poverty. We are a highly qualified team with extensive experience working on the ground in projects around the world.
- We know what works: By working with local grassroots organizations, we have access to relevant, local knowledge about the needs of the countries where we work.
- We create sustainable change: By carefully selecting and monitoring our partner organizations, we ensure that your donation will be used to create long-term change in the communities we are working to support.
- We are transparent: All our partners are required to submit proposals and reports for the grants they receive - and we're more than happy to pass these onto our donors.
- We are accessible: You are always welcome to contact us via phone, skype or email and we will answer any questions you have.